Property Tax Exemptions
SENIORS: Please contact our office directly here for personalized information.
Property tax exemptions are the partial reduction of a qualifying individual's tax burden. Homestead Exemption, Senior Exemptions, Disabled Veteran Exemption, and Conservation Use Exemption are some common exemptions a property owner may qualify for.
Do I Qualify?
To qualify for a Homestead Exemption you must own and occupy your home on or before Jan 1 and apply no later than April 1.
What do I need to apply?
When applying for Homestead Exemption you must submit the following documents:
• Completed and Signed Homestead Application
• Copy of Driver's License with Correct Address
• Copy of Car Registration with Correct Address or Current Utility Bill
How do I apply?
There are four ways to apply:
1. File online at the link below. Include scans or pictures of the required documents and signed homestead application.
2. Email the required documents to email@example.com.
3. Mail the required documents to 30 N. Broad Street, Winder, Georgia 30680.
4. Come in person with your driver's license and car registration or current utility bill to 30 N. Broad Street, Winder, Georgia 30680.
Homestead Exemptions do not need to be renewed each year.